Thank you for your interest in contributing to TheLifeOutside! Guest blogging is a great way to expose your work to new audiences and build your portfolio for freelance writing.
TheLifeOutside will love to post any of the following:
- Caption THAT! Photos
- Photo Essays
- Travel Videos
- Travel Advice, Guides or Articles
You will get credit for your work. You’re name will appear as the author in the post with a link to your website (if you have one) at the top of the page and a bio at the bottom. Please do not provide backlinks within the article. We will include them ourselves.
Guest Post Policies
- Material must be new, no previously published content. Photos previously used can be submitted within a collection or as a Caption THAT challenge photo.
- At no point can this content be used on your own website or any other website, unless first agreed upon (this policy exists because Google doesn’t appreciate duplicate content, nor do we want to compete directly with you on identical articles.)
- You are the copyright owner of the content, but give us publication rights
- A minimum of 3 photos (at least 550px width not stretched) must be provided with the content for an article, but we prefer more
- If you are providing a Caption THAT photo, the minimum width is 1024px
- Send the photos in an email
- Please provide a 1024px wide photo which is the best photo in the article. We will use this photo to promote the article through Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Keep images to a small file size so they load quickly, less than 400kb
- If you source images from Flickr, provide the creative commons link detailing the creator
- Provide your name as you would like it to appear in the post
- Provide a small bio to be included at the bottom of the post
- Write your best stuff, not the stuff you don’t want on your blog
- Make sure you edit your work! Articles with grammatical errors and misspellings will not be posted
- You are responsible for the promotion of your content through Twitter, Facebook, Google+ etc.
- Use a collection of your best photos to really have the article take off – Photo Essays do best
Changes to the Guest Posts
We do reserve the right to make editing changes to your post, however they will usually remain minor. These include changing the title of the post, moving pictures around, adding links, adding keywords and adding or moving headings. This is all intended to assist in the promotion of your post.
Submitting Your Guest Posts
Please submit your guest post or email it to jessica(at)thelifeoutside.com. I will try to reply within a week.